macOS Sierra Update – Outlook search not working correctly

Hi, I recently upgraded to macOS Sierra and also switched to a new mac using the migration assistant. Shortly after finishing the migration I recognised that my Outlook search only delivered partial results. The search only returned most recently sent or received mails also when the option for all elements was active. I knew that I have to have more mails regarding the searched subject or recipient so I got suspicious. After a few test I was sure there was something not working correctly. After doing some online research I got two possible solutions:

  1. rebuild spotlight search index (completely)
    1. in Terminal execute: sudo mdutil -E /
  2. add outlook group container to spotlight privacy and remove again

The later brought the success. The first didn’t. I opened up spotlight preferences and added the Outlook Group Container in /Users//Library/Group Containers/.Office to the privacy settings. I closed system preferences, waited a few seconds, opened again and remove the entry from privacy settings, so the location gets reindexed. This did the trick and outlook search is now working fine again.

Kommentar verfassen

Trage deine Daten unten ein oder klicke ein Icon um dich einzuloggen:

Du kommentierst mit Deinem Abmelden /  Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Twitter-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )


Du kommentierst mit Deinem Facebook-Konto. Abmelden /  Ändern )

Verbinde mit %s

Bloggen auf

Nach oben ↑

%d Bloggern gefällt das: