After installing El Capitan my Office 2016 package tended to crash recently. Most problematic was a Outlook preview issue where Outlook crashed when clicking on the mail. So this rendered Office nearly obsolete for me. Thankfully the patches delivered yesterday through patch day removed the problem. So I can only recommend the Office 15.15 Patch Update for Office 2016 Mac Edition.
Some of you experience the problem of bluetooth devices which can not reconnect after a sleep period of osx yosemite. This is a known problem a bluetooth kext unload and load solves the problem (like bluetooth subsystem restart) but there is no path from Apple there until now. Some of you have built up some shell scripts and are using sleepwatcher and so on but some of you just want to get it to work again. Therefore I have built up a little application which is just an automator wrapper around the following two shell script lines:
sudo kextunload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
sudo kextload -b com.apple.iokit.BroadcomBluetoothHostControllerUSBTransport
which does the trick for you. You can fully trust this and you can also look into the package, no hidden hocks there. Drop the application to your app folder and everytime you experience the problem start the app, the bluetooth will go away and come back again reconnecting all your devices. Link to 7zip archive with app. Please download the prior link by right click and download linked file to…
Hi I had a problem recently with the osx system of my daughter. The SSD disk I built in 1 year ago started to get corrupted file systems. Long boot times (gray progress indicator), failing fck calls have been the result plus at last a system which won’t boot any more. I had no current backup of the system so there was also the problem of the data.
Luckily I had a ccc (carbon copy clone) of my own system. So all you need is the following:
- usb disk/stick with a ccc clone of a working osx
- usb disk/stick for the clone of the broken system
- a little time at your hand
- Boot up the system holding the „shift“ key on startup. Afterwards you will get a list of volumes to boot from, select the ccc clone of your working system.
- When the system is booted open up ccc and create a recovery partition on the destination usb disk you will use for the clone of the broken system, remind to select the matching osx version.
- Clone the entire disk content using ccc from the broken system to your prepared destination usb disk, this may take a while regarding the amount of data you have on your broken system.
- After cloning succeeded, open up disk utility and reformat the disk of the broken system. Remind to check the GUID partition table option and use the journaled HFS filesystem type.
- Now open up ccc again and clone the content from the prior cloned broken system back to the new formatted harddisk of the system. After finishing this, reboot the system.
- Hold down „CMD“ + „R“ to boot into recovery mode. Once there select „Reinstall OSX“, this will again take a little time but afterwards you will be rewarded by a system working the same way as it has before stopping booting. No user data lost, no settings lost, everything is fine.
After installing a new VM in VirtualBox Version 4.1.10 I got this error for the first time since working with VirtualBox. I did not do anything with snapshots or config file editing. I just stopped the new installed VM, closed VirtualBox and at the next startup I got this error regarding my only VM in there. After googling a little, this seems to be a known bug in VirtualBox and can be fixed by following comment #29 of this post. After making the recommended changes everything turned out to be smooth again. When the fix will be applied is open til now.
Today I had a funny feature. I tried to commit a change to a config file of one of our webapplications and during the commit process I got the above mentioned error: Unknown SVN Error 135000 occurred. After doing some investigation I found a windows carriage return linefeed in the config file which was designed to work on a linux machine and has the eol-style property set to native. So this caused the error after removing committing was no issue anymore. Maybe some others out there are experiencing similar problem and can reduce the search path 😉